Thursday 4 February 2016

Puzzle #176: Pentomino In A Box

This is the fourth practise puzzle for this year's UKPA Open.

Originally this was going to be Pentomino Areas. But when I remembered this type, I had the option to push that down to Tetromino Areas. The first puzzles of this type I've seen are form Richard Stolk. I always find them a bit tricky. I was a bit afraid including this type as I thought they might turn out too hard. I wrote a number of these puzzles and selected the two I thought were easiest. This is the hardest of the two because it has a bit narrower a path. It also felt a bit different than I normally encounter in this type. I thought this was actually easier than normal.

Rules:

Place the given pentominos in the grid so they don't touch each other, not even diagonally. Pentominos can be rotated and reflected. Each black-bordered region must contain three coloured cells that belong to two different pentominos.

Example


Puzzle

No comments:

Post a Comment