Saturday 9 February 2013

Daily League Sudoku #3: Battenburg Sudoku

Last week I didn't provide a puzzle as Stefan Heine had a puzzle ready, so I gave up my Saturday spot. This week there is another Sudoku by me. This is a Battenburg Sudoku, which is a Sudoku type I came up with.  The name comes from the Battenburg markings, although it stays more in my mind for Battenberg cake, which is a checkerboard pattern. In this puzzle everywhere 2 odd and 2 even digits form a checkerboard pattern, a mark is given. The opening of the puzzle I have in mind is a bit puzzly and might trick up some Sudoku-solvers. That's why I have made a second puzzle that should help you realise part of the logic involved in the opening, which is posted here. I hope you enjoy it, it was fun to make at least.

Lastly I'll provide three links for the puzzle files of the last three weeks.

Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

Rules for Sudoku

In this Sudoku, everywhere 2 odd and 2 even digits form a 2x2 checkerboard pattern, a Battenburg marking is given.

Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment