Sunday 4 December 2011

Puzzle #68: Shakashaka

The first time I encountered this genre I really didn't get it. I had no clue how to approach it, let alone solve it. It wasn't till I encountered a puzzle on Mathgrant's blog, which had the four triangle layout that I managed to get a hang of it. I still find it funny how something cimple as a different layout or a different notation system can completely change your experience of a puzzle type.
When I understood how to work the genre, I started noticing it was actually a really fun genre. I hadn't encountered this kind of logic in any genre before. I've been working on a few puzzles. I find it hard to make nice flowing puzzles sometimes. I don't find it hard making really hard puzzles though. I've already discovered some interesting patterns that can be exploited. This puzzle is a bit easier though. It flows a bit more naturally.

Rules for Shakashaka


No comments:

Post a Comment